Monday, October 30, 2006

The Planning Stages

Hi, I'm Mike. My friend Terry and I, two best friends, find ourselves in the August of our lives, seeking great fun and adventure. I was married for 27 years and Terry for 24. We're both divorced from our ex-wives, which is a whole story in itself. Terry has a wonderful son and daughter and I have three awesome sons, each of which is as confused (sort of) about life as I am. Well, having said that, let me back off a bit, for I've never seen things more clearly.

Life, a very precious gift, offers the opportunity to have great fun, as long as the wheels of life haven't run you over. I consider myself to be exceptionally lucky, even with my aching lower back (too much stress .. for that's frequently where a man clusters his angst).

So here we are, in the prime of our lives (well, maybe just a bit over), thinking it's time to ride motorcycles from South Florida, all over creation and back. Our goal, this time, is to ride more than 10,000 miles. This time .. you wonder? In 2003, October to be exact, Terry and I mounted our Harleys (New 2003 Road Kind (Terry) and 2003 Softail Heritage) and rode off into the sunset, returning a month later with 8,500 miles under our belt (the numb bum adventure).

Working for a living is a very good thing, but life should be full of adventure, rather than just plodding along until we trip, falling into our freshly dug graves. "Go boldly into the night" is the refrain that echoes in my mind, telling me to get off my duff (not Homer's beer) and live it up while I can, before we're in "Joe Black's" sights.

This is the beginning of what will likely be a long (and hopefully interesting) blog, regarding our adventures. We start the planning process today, with a departure target of April 1, 2007!
We appreciate your interest and hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments: