Monday, October 30, 2006

The Zen of Motorcycle Riding

Why in the world would one consider taking such a trip and why not in comfort?

Well, if you're interested, please allow me to explain. Riding is the opportunity to share solitude, to share adventures on the road, to come to know and better understand all the things of value in your life. For me, it's knowing that at any moment, events can conspire to dramatically change the normalcy of your life. In the face of danger, if you can relax and accept your fate, then a real calm can embrace you. All the 'stuff' that interfered with your peace just seems to vanish, if just for a little while.

Riding becomes a celebration of life.

It would be amazing to be a Zen master. I've tried to imagine the sound of one hand clapping as if that imagery will facilitate some sort of revelation about life. Every time I try to understand Zen, my imagination brings up Kung Fu Hustle.

Seems like I'll just have to settle for riding.

No comments: