Sunday, September 16, 2007

Almost Home

September 16, 2007

We couldn't make it .. too far .. to Terry's house in Port St Lucie, that is.

It turns out that the ride from Cedar Island to I95 (I76 .. at Florence, SC), took us from 8:15am to 2:15pm (with a little stop in some little town close to Marion for bar-b-que), just about 280 miles). Who knew it was so far?

From I95, it was a straight shot south, stopping every 140 miles or so for more gas. We could have gotten further had I not been so tired from not sleeping at all during the evening at the fleebag hotel on Cedar Island (maybe it was the cream of crab soup at 9pm that caused the sleepless night).

By 6pm I was toast, so we'll have to be happy with the 520 miles we rode today, stopping in Brunswick, GA (is there where Brunswick stew found it origin?). Tomorrow, it's a straight shot home (307 miles for Terry, add another 100 for me).

I could have taken some pictures of Cedar Island, for it was certainly beautiful but we had a full day and I didn't want to stop (I should have).

No comments: