Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ben & Jerry

September 6, 2007

Today started out quite cold, somewhere in the 40s, which found us donning our thermal long johns, leather jackets and scarves. We left at 9:30, traveling east on 2 for a good 20 miles, until we reached I91. Turning north, our intent was to reach Waterbury, Vermont by noon. It seemed so close on the map, yet it took us until 1pm to travel the 140 miles or so. The beauty of Vermont is without doubt. There were several towns along the way, that would make a fine home for the rest of my days. Maybe it was Williamstown, off of I89 that so impressed me. I know I liked Montpelier, another beautiful town off I89. We finally arrived in Waterbury, to see .. the Ben & Jerry’s$ manufacturing plant. This is another entry for the top 100 not to bother with places. It didn't really matter for the ride was the whole day was about. The tour .. eh ... the free cup of ice cream .. ehh ... the chocolate covered cone with 3 scoops of chocolate ice crean with peanut butter ... what I really wanted and didn't need after the tour .. priceless (add in the cost of gas, that cup cost $26).


We rode back on route 100, to Manchester, a good 100 mile ride. The day ended as it had begun ... perfectly. Tomorrow we go visit Two Tony's.

No comments: