Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Topsfield to Gloucester

September 12, 2007
Thank God, no rain!
We left Chuck's home at 9am, driving into town, for breakfast and to visit Jimmy, Chucky running buddy, at his store in downtown Topsfield. We had a very nice morning.

Somehow, Chuck's instructions worked (the last time I left, I became lost for 45 minutes), driving on 133 through Ipswitch (home of the clams of the same name), and onto Gloucester via 128. This is another working sea town and home of the mythic Perfect Storm. I took several pictures and by far, my favorite was the seagulls grabbing whatever morsels they could scavenge off the passing fishing boat. I reminded me of Tippi Hedren in one of my favorite Hitchcock movie, The Birds.

Notice the Eleanor, the reconstruction of a Boston Tea party sailing ship. The construction is expected to go on for a few more years, resulting in a hand made exact replica of a sailing ship in use during the 1770s.








No comments: