Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Randall Family Farm in Standish, Maine

September 8, 2007
I'm not sure it can get any better than this. I've always wanted an apple farm/orchard; can imagine the delight in getting up early in the morning to harvest your apples and make cider (notice the processing machines just for that purpose. For me, this is heaven.

I was having such a good time, I didn't care that the apples (Macintosh) all had poison lightly coating them. The woman (didn't catch her name and she wasn't throwing it), said that the poison breaks down (where? in my body), yet it didn't matter. I wiped the apple across my pants, just as she suggested, then ate every bit, delighting in the crispy tartness of this little bit of heaven. I did wonder when the poison broke down and how much of it actually ended up in the cider that they were pressing from the apples.







No comments: